- Install efficient lighting systems.
- The use of electronic ballasts is not common in commercial and industrial lighting systems, yet they can save up to 60% of the electricity required.
- Many lights are generally left on unnecessarily in buildings during the day and night. Lighting controls in buildings can ensure that energy is conserved during periods of low occupancy.
- When buildings with centralised air conditioning plants are fitted with energy efficient lighting, these systems generate less building heat load, so energy is saved on cooling equipment.
- Optimising the design and location of light fittings can also save energy. It is wise to make use of the services of lighting specialists when making choices on lighting system design.