Refrigeration and Freezing tips
The fridge is the most used appliance in any kitchen, along with the stove. When using the fridge remember to:
- Do not open the door unnecessarily and ensure that door seals are intact and seal the fridge tightly in order to keep the cold air in.
- Switch off the fridge when empty or when you go on holiday.
- Let hot food cool down before putting it in the refrigerator defrost the fridge regularly as the excess of frost and ice will inhibit the cooling process and use more energy.
- Leave spaces between items on the shelves as this allows cool air to circulate more easily, keeping a constant temperature and using less energy.
- Rather allow food to defrost in the refrigerator or on the sideboard instead of using the microwave- it is much more economical even though it takes a while.
- Freezers that are iced up use significantly more power, so keeping freezers frost- free will save power and money.
- By not overstocking your freezer means that cold air circulates easier and less power is required to keep the temperatures constant.
View/download our brochure/s: