Staying Warm in Winter
Heaters are in demand when the temperatures drop. Unfortunately they burn a lot of energy at a steady rate. To keep tabs on your winter electricity bills there are several things to bear in mind about heating:
- Electric heaters that are controlled by thermostats are more efficient although oil-filled heaters are among the safest.
- Electric blankets are the cheapest way of staying warm in bed although don’t keep them on throughout the night. Turn them on for an hour or two just before bed to heat it up.
- When heating up your house only heat rooms that are occupied as opposed to empty rooms.
- Heaters also operate more efficiently in areas where ceilings are insulated and there are no gaps letting cold air into the house.
- Even with these energy saving tips about heating up your house in mind, rather dress warmly as an alternative to using a heater.
- Placing insulation in your ceiling helps to keep your house warm in winter and cool in summer.
View/download our brochure/s: